Buyer Feedback Matters
Before customers decide to buy a product, they often want some assurance that other customers have been well served by the seller. A seller's high feedback rating can give customers the peace of mind they want before buying.
When you review your feedback, you'll notice that buyers care a lot about the answers to these questions:
- Was the order delivered on time?
- Was the item packed appropriately?
- Was the item exactly as described on the website?
- Did the seller respond promptly and helpfully to inquiries?
If you can answer "yes" to the above questions for almost all of your orders, congratulations!
Many sellers get negative feedback at some point. If it happens to you, don't take offense, but do take action:
- Investigate the feedback to figure out the root cause of the problem.
- Work with the buyer to solve the problem and improve the experience, by issuing a refund, shipping a replacement item, or even sending a complimentary gift certificate.
Remember, if you solve the problem, you can ask the buyer to remove the feedback. The buyer is under no obligation to do so, but it can't hurt to politely ask one time.
Monitor your feedback regularly to keep on top of issues, and try to maintain 95% positive feedback and a 4.5 or higher overall rating.