If your workflow calls for you to label items one by one and add them to one or more inbound shipments, you can do this by following the steps below:
1. Submit the CreateInboundShipmentPlan operation for a single item—the item that you want to label and ship.
If you have previously created a listing for this item, specify only the SellerSKU for the item.
If have not yet created a listing for this item, specify the SellerSKU, ASIN, and Condition for the item.
Note: For many items, it is difficult to know the ASIN before creating a listing for it. For this reason, whenever possible you should create a listing for an item before submitting the CreateInboundShipmentPlan operation for that item.
The response elements include FulfillmentNetworkSKU, DestinationFulfillmentCenterId, and ShipmentId.
2. Use the FulfillmentNetworkSKU returned in Step 1 to create a label for your item, and then label the item.
3. Check the DestinationFulfillmentCenterId returned in Step 1 to determine which Amazon fulfillment center to ship the item to.
4. This step depends on whether an inbound shipment already exists for the destination of the item.
If this is the first item of a new inbound shipment, or if the FulfillmentNetworkSKU returned in Step 1 indicates an Amazon fulfillment center that is different from any existing inbound shipment that you have in progress, do the following:
- Submit the CreateInboundShipment operation to initiate a new inbound shipment, using the ShipmentId that was returned in Step 1.
If you are adding this item to an existing inbound shipment, do the following:
- Identify the ShipmentId of an existing inbound shipment that has the same DestinationFulfillmentCenterId as the DestinationFulfillmentCenterId returned by the CreateInboundShipmentPlan operation in Step 1.
- Submit the UpdateInboundShipment operation using the ShipmentId identified in the preceding bullet, as well as the SellerSKU and QuantityShipped values for the item.