Expert Tips for Creating Satisfied, Loyal Customers
Real profit is fueled by loyal customers, not just satisfied customers. Successful Amazon sellers know how to increase customer loyalty by listing items properly, managing orders well, and providing top-notch customer service.
To keep your buyers coming back, follow these tips from veteran Amazon sellers:
- When listing your items, put yourself in your customer’s shoes. Look up an item in the catalog using search and browse. Did you find your item quickly and easily? Identify the best offer in terms of pricing and promotions. How do you compare to the competition?
- Review your business reports regularly. Pay attention to the page views, sessions, and click information to understand buyer behavior.
- Take the time to read the Amazon Seller Discussion Forum for helpful selling tips.
- Ensure accurate orders. Buyers expect professional and accurate fulfillment of their orders. Before you ship, ensure that the product is correct and that it is in the condition you listed.
- Package your item well. The way you package your products goes a long way in making a favorable impression on customers.
- Ship orders only to the address in the order confirmation e-mail sent to you by Amazon. If a buyer asks you to ship to a different address, cancel the order and ask them to purchase the item from you again after they’ve updated their delivery address on file with Amazon.
- Pick up the phone. Most of the time, questions and problems can be addressed in e-mail. But sometimes, if buyers provide their phone number, it can be more efficient to simply pick up the phone. A courteous phone call can be a welcomed change and can assure the buyer that a real person is handling their order. Follow up on your conversation with an e-mail through the Buyer-Seller Messaging Service (in your seller account) so you have a record.
- Refund timing. Issue a refund to a buyer only after you receive their returned product.
- And finally, do not conduct transactions outside of the Marketplace Payments by Amazon service. Such transactions are not covered by the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee claim.
Remember: World-class products and quality customer service generate world-class profits.