Keep up with orders using the tools in your seller account and follow some suggested "best practices" to excel at the essentials of order management.
- Don't rely solely on "Sold, ship now" e-mails to let you know you have new orders. Check the Manage Orders tool in your seller account daily for up-to-the minute information about your orders, including buyer names and shipping addresses.
- Ship exactly what the buyer ordered. If you no longer offer the exact products you originally listed, it is in your best interest to keep your listings up to date and accurate, including the product images.
- Ship the order on time. You’ll have more time to resolve any problems that might arise.
- Confirm the shipment. When you confirm a shipment, we notify the buyer via e-mail that their order is on its way.
- Keep buyers informed of any order issues. Buyers are less likely to leave negative feedback or file A-to-z Guarantee claims when you let them know the status of their order.
- If you need to refund an order, do so promptly. You can make refunds through the Manage Orders tool.
- If you have a Professional selling plan, download Order Reports and Inventory Reports regularly to keep track of sold items, order fulfillment, inventory levels, and available listings.